Saturday, July 12, 2008

Progress People and Politics

I was reminded today that I have been neglecting this page for a while . Sorry about that ! Been really busy at working on Azad /new shocks , windshield wiper bushings , rotating tires , checking brakes working on food storage , just received the invertor to install ,making wiring runs for some of the accessories I eventually want to add. I broke down and bought a Dell laptop with wireless set up to take on the road with me and transferring all the files etc. from the PC to Laptop has taken a lot more effort than I thought . You could say Hi-Tech is not my strong suit ! But nearly done and am trying to decide what kind of auxiliary vehicle I can find . Would like to an old Honda Trail 90 to hang off the front end but haven't yet .
People wise I met the guys out at STAR TECH in Lake City Fl. out on rt 90 on the way to Live Oak their phone is 386-755-0277 , good people and high quality new and rebuilt computers and accessories at a Very decent price . If you are in the area give them a call or stop by . They are open Mon. thru Fri. during the day but close Sat. at 2P.M. The other thing that was kind of a bonus was an old friend from my days of living and working in the Fl. Keys called and is now living nearby and will take a few days next week to go visit and catch up on things . Other people of note T. BOONE PICKENS ! You go brother I like someone who will put their money where their mouth is , I hope folks will pay attention to this guy . We have to fix the energy problem in this country , although Pickens doesn't profess to have all the answers , definitely a step in the right direction with wind turbines , solar and natural gas for our energy needs . Remember We as Americans are not the only ones being held hostage by OPEC , Gas prices in other countries are exorbitant too , tack on a less than reliable government , a heavy tax schedule and suddenly you have the recipe for a global oopsie , the likes of which hasn't been seen since the 1930's . Could be a helluva mess !
Finally a personal note to ALL the politicians out there , GROW SOME DAMN SKIN !! get off this insane downslope of political correctness and B.S. racial victimizing and be an example to the people who are supposed to be looking to you for leadership and good example . Recently a remark was made in a commission meeting about something being a black hole and this dipstick commissioner started screaming about racial slurs . I was under the impression our elected officials were supposed to be if not better educated at least better informed about basic terminology and nomenclature of the world around us . As a final rant be thankful for what we already have . Take responsibility for yourself and your actions , I know it's hard but just try and leave the rest of us who are getting along without your dopey rules and trivial laws ALONE .
I just don't know .... I suggest everyone listen to Guy Clark at least once a day and watch the sunset with your favorite beverage and somebody you care about by your side !
Till the next time ,

No comments: