Monday, June 23, 2008

Party Beside The Suwannee / Memory Demons

The Big "A" and I got invited to a party ! My old friend Linda decided to have a first day of summer/ longest day of the year party Saturday . A few years ago I would have been first on the barge casting off lines to break open the adult beverages and get as crazed as humanly possible in the shortest period of time .Now I approach various get together's a little more sedately . But even so I was among the first to arrive and got the perfect parking spot for Azad , so I thought.{note to self , check how level everything is before it gets dark } As folks
started arriving and getting acquainted it was obvious a good time was about to begin , good food , plenty of various beverages to imbibe , really interesting people to talk to and enjoy . Linda is a Goldsmith / Collector and has a store in nearby Mayo Fl. The store is Gold N' Treasures ph#386-294-3906 if you are in the market for a unique piece of jewelry or collectible give her a call. She also does her own designs or custom made jewelry and has a selection of "Atocha" coins . It 's always good to call first as she does a lot of traveling and is not always available .
At any rate , having parked "A" I proceeded to enjoy myself meeting new friends and catching up with several of the folks I knew. My old friend Doo Dah brought me a surprise gift from Tallahassee , a new CD by one of my favorite musicians over there Mimi Hearn . Her new CD Unleashed is too cool ! I have a hard time dealing with music that has been tricked up , in other words you can't reproduce it outside of a studio , Mimi & The Hearn Dogs have the same respect for their music . This album was recorded over in Sopchoppy in a hundred year old building and the acoustics are phenomenal ! Most of the songs are written by Mimi and the back up musicians are tight ! Comes from a lot of years playing together and knowing where everyone is at . All in all a great party !
The note to self was a minor thing ,but it shows the mindset of a lot of people . If I had backed up just a few feet , the whole thing would have been level and life would have been a lot nicer . The other memory lapse I've had recently was , if things are installed in pairs or multiple units when you fix or repair one take a damn good look at the others , chances are they work the same amount of time and are just as worn or stressed and need attention too . Case in point , I took the front of "A" apart to install a nylon bushing for the windshield wipers . The bushings came packed as pairs , I installed the one that was bad and ignored the other side , buttoned everything up and less than two weeks later ! You guessed it ! There goes the other side , I don't mean to imply this is some kind of a major operation , just a few screws and some time , but aggravating and when you need the wipers it's a poor time to be making plans to drain the swamp!
The more I drive "A"the better I like him , 50 or 55 mph is a comfortable speed and every ting seems to operate well at that speed , since I have no plans for interstates or the autobahn guess I'm good to go !
By the by picture posted is the banks of the Suwanee just above Branford Fl.

No comments: