Thursday, June 4, 2009

Coffee Pot Plot / Van Repair

A serious matter has come to my attention . There is a plot among the manufactureres of coffee pots ! It could be Communist , Muslim , Union organized , or perhaps just a case of those evil bastards who don't like left handed people ! I came to this realization after numerous small spillage from a perfectly good coffe pot , the little coffee pot I use now is a well known brand , it is relatively new having been purchased just before this trip . However , those insidious criminals at the coffee pot factories of the world have obviously united and are intent on making life hell for left handed people ! I REALLY like my coffee . I take care to buy good quality coffee , I keep my coffe making equipment clean and well maintained . So whats the deal with when I pour a cup of coffee with my left hand I get dribbles on the counter , down the side of the cup or on the floor ? There are a bunch of things that are engineered to make life hard for left handers , like twist ties , the machinery that puts them on stuff was engineered for a right hander to take them off , while it's not fair I can deal with that , the redesign would add $2 to a loaf of bread ! But the damn coffee pot ? It's a spout , virtually a small opening to allow fluid to run out of . How much time and effort was expended to figure out the exact proportions of drift , area of opening , angle of attack , height to distance from the cup and the fact it's impossible to correct ? Believe me , since discovering this anomaly , I have spent quite a while disecting the various factors and see no resolution , short of major surgery . Even then , I don't think the problem will be corrected , it's an intentional design flaw . But be aware manufacturers , I KNOW what you're doing and I will spread the word !
On a different page , I had to have the van worked on . Two days of poking , prodding and praying by our local mechanic "Buddy" resulted in replacing a couple of sensors , oil change , a new distributor and a few other parts . It was fun writing the check to pay for it , and of course the coffee pot thing was heavy on my mind , so it wasn't that painful . The thought did cross my mind there was an awful lot of superflous parts on this little six cylinder motor , maybe GM will straighten this out now that they are bankrupt from building this silly crap . I'm sure that now the Government has it's hands on the wheel everything will be just fine . They will probably introduce a line of coffe pots!
Stay tuned  ......

No comments: