Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Friends / Aliens / Regards to the Real World

Here I sit hammer down thinking of the great friends I have , taking Marti and Leo down through the desert to Douglas Arizona . Sitting with Bob telling stories of our travels and military service . Planning the various trips for my guests around this area that is so rich in history . A stop at Geronimo's surrender monument today , a stop tomorrow or the next day at Johnny Ringo's grave site . Up to Masai point , over to the Rex Allen museum , go to Texas John Slaughter's ranch and home , ride up Geronimo's trail to feel the power of the mountains and the feeling of spirits long gone . Push the ride to include a couple of ghost towns . A phone call from a friend back in Florida letting me know all is well with my friends back in the Keys , things are as normal as they ever get there . A call to my sister  this morning , she's going to be here Thursday ! More plans, a gift / blessing get me to get up and do something ! Read the mail my friends in Texas / Kentucky are all doing well , Robert Earl is singing "wish you were here " , music , playing , heart rate , slowing , crack another Shiner Bock , the right place at the right time , stars shining , desert is alive with sights sounds , and the scent of sage . Values , teach your children well , there ain't no such thing as a free lunch ! Ignore the talking heads on TV they only piss you off .. Bottle of Black Velvet , take a bite , smooth as a touch of a large breasted , round bellied bed thrasher ! Waylon singing , telling me stories , all the bars and flatbed trailers I've played on , doing  benefits , "Billiy Lee" hovering in the background , my little brother kicking bass pedals , , cueing me on changes , playing till dawn in the Driftwood . No money , but free beer as long as you played , musicians getting off work coming in jamming , good music , Friends , cutting heads playing  , as hard as you can , might be two or there might be a hundred people listening , doesn't matter . Desert is the only one listening , play on !
Why the solar powered  lights out there in among the sage brush ? A landing for aliens if they decide to come here !   Sometimes I think a trip back to Terlingua is in order , go and see Kathy , Roger ,and the rest . Have a drink at the cave , dinner at the Starlight , sit a t Kathy's Kowgirl Kafe , howl at the moon with the gang at the Boathouse . Hell ! Go to flour Bluff , get the Cowboy , do some show off cooking , hang out at the Black Hawk , give Jen a hug , drag the guitar out , Bend the strings and play some blues . Or may be not !
Meanwhile as the craziness surrounds me , give my regards to the real world While the Feds slowly eat your freedom watch out for the guy in the big hat having way too much fun , and ignoring the rules .
Stay tuned ......
Friends ..there's more , just a taste of the rare good fortune I have .....

 
 
 

No comments: