Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Looking back / Catching up and the Skunk

I see I've gained a couple of followers , welcome and thanks for reading this thing.
Not a whole lot of new insanity happening , it seems I have been doing a lot of looking back , reflecting on what I've seen and done the last few years . I think of the time I spent in service to this wonderful country and I'm glad I did it . Even with all the nutso stuff happening now with the economy and the latest batch of thieves and liars supposedly running the show in Washington .
So to all the whiners , criers and entitlement liberal moochers , freeloaders and folks with the general malaise of not being happy , GO AHEAD , I have to remind myself that's why my friends and brothers in arms wore the uniform , We did it so you have a place to do so . Enjoy it , it's a gift from a lot of good men and women to you It's called FREEDOM .
Local news , I had a visitor the other night . Sitting at my table playing my guitar , just finishing up dinner with the door wide open to watch the stars come out . I hear a rattling on the metal step to the trailer and look down and there comes waddling in a SKUNK ! This is not good ! I sat quietly at first thinking "whats wrong with this dumb ass skunk ?" I expected this thing to show either fear or aggression . If it was fear figured i could make some noise and it would run off , if it were aggression I'm in trouble and better make plans to grab trusty pistol and do away with this problem . For whatever reason it was neither . The skunk ignored me , did a little sniffing around , settled back by the bed and just eyeballed me . Next step I made noise , threw fire crackers , a stick , banged on the sides of the trailer , turned the amp on the guitar WAY up , Nada , zip .
To make a long story short , I outwaited the little shit ! At 3:15 in the morning it finally got up and waddled out the door !
That is my wild animal story for this year , The cow chase through the desert in the dark of the night doesn't count . They were domestic animals and a I was a little over served on th wine thing even though I was doing the serving , I do love this 4 wheel drive should have seen those bovines boogalooin in the moon light . But that's another story .
It's Veteran's Day , I be headin out to the mountains , need to talk to some old friends ....
Stay tuned .....

No comments: