Saturday, April 26, 2008

Busy with the RV

Seems I lost track of time working on 'A' rewired most of the dash , turn signals , got the existing cd player to work and wired in new speakers . Installed 1400 watt inverter and relocated the house battery inside under the settee seat and have decided to replace old batt with new AGM for safety sake , relocated 12 volt outlets for the small appliances and have a place to build a small desk for either laptop or keyboard on the PC I already have .
Turned My attention to storage problems one afternoon and decided to use velcro on cabinet doors and closet and made loop and hook style velcro for wall storage , then made cargo net barrier for over the cab .
Next will approach the engine and rebuild the old 2 barrel carb and see if exhaust needs anything while I have engine hatch open , most everything else works as well as can be expected for a 30 year old RV
I found a great salvage yard down by High Springs and the owner is giving me a good deal on parts to improve "A" will have some extra water , maybe even an aux. fuel tank !
Beat up as I am it feels really good to be able to do something even if it's just simple stuff , laying around trying to heal up for a year sucks , not much fun to be treated like a cripple either .
Tomorrow I may start on the curtains which should prove interesting as I know as much about sewing as I do about landing the space shuttle !

No comments: