Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Geting What You Need/ Not Neccassarily What You Want

Well now ! Here we are after the farce that passes for electing a leader for our country , the old saying comes to mind "be careful what you wish for " comes to mind . My buddy Bob and I were discusssing the goofiness of the last few months and he mentioned that we had just elected a president that had the ability to borrow or cajole money out of people who could least afford it ! Doesn't matter that neither candidate has a good grasp of what is actually going on in this country or how business or taxes work . Bob is 78 and has been around the block a time or two , another point we discussed was that the last time this much hoorah was made over an election was back at the beginning of the Kennedy era and before that was FDR back in the thirties , both precluded some really tumultous times for this country . One thing is for sure SOMEONE always has to pay the fiddler ! Myself I still think there are going to be an awfully large number of young and disenfranchised followers of our new Pres.
For now I'm on the mend from whatever this bug was , feel better and this morning loaded up and made the trip to Rodeo to the little store there . Now, this little place doesn't have a whole lot of stuff ,but they did have a bottle of antacid and I didn't care what it cost ! It seems to have done the trick and I spent the rest of the day shooting the breeze with Bob and watching old Gunsmoke on the big TV in the office . The wind has once again come up pretty strong and while I did have places to go , there was nothing that important . So , returned to camp do a little clean up , a short power nap and figure out what to do about something light to eat .
Tomorrow if the winds prevail my take a ride to see what kind of trouble I can stir up , again may not have been the day I wanted but I got what I needed .

No comments: