Monday, July 6, 2009

One Day patriots / News From Back East / New Explorations

I know I tend to get all balled up over the way some folks treat this great Country we all live in . Not to belabor a point , I noticed over the fourth of July , a good many one day patriots . Not so much locally but in the news I gleaned from the internet agencies . There are a good many so called leaders or persons in the office of authority I would dearly love to stick on the front lines with the young Heroes we have serving throughout the world and see what kind of platitudes they come up with ! Having said this , wait till our erstwhile head of state gets a load of the Russians ! I had that opportunity years back and can personally attest they are not the oafs and imbeciles the media and our politicians would have you regard them as . They were warriors with some damn good and some exotic equipment , and a desire to survive as strong as ours . If you have never seen a Russian "Bear " aircraft or one of there naval cruisers , I suggest you Google up an image or two and think about it !
Yesterday a good friend reported the rise of crime in Tallahassee FL. Today I checked out the figures on the internet and sure enough , things are even worse than I had read about when living back there , then again back in the home town the news was/is the same . Folks seem to be getting desperate and bolder . Urban areas are seeing a sharp increase in crime . I guess the pundits who claim the economy is on the upswing or at least leveling off aren't in the trenches with these folks who are increasingly going over the brink to commit these crimes ?
New explorations on my part include finding hand built , native stone and rock houses . They require a little effort getting to . The reward is craftsmanship of the first order . So far two have been explored , one a long way up in the Chiricahuas , and the other is at a lower elevation but just as remarkable . Clever use of native materials and alternative energy sources are evident in both constructions . While I don't share in the so called American dream of owning a house , these places are something to see and appreciate. A few photos of the houses and the views are included today , may return for an internal view .
Stay tuned ....

 
  
  
  
 

No comments: