Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Surprises in the Mail / Listening to the Blues / My Cleanest Dirty Shirt

.I had a surprise in the mail yesterday . An old friend sent me a package containing a set of Robert Johnson CD's I had loaned him nearly twenty years ago ! To make things even sweeter he included some others that were very welcome , music is hard to come by when you live in the middle of the desert ! So here I sit , working on the second pot of coffee , listening to some ice-cold Buddy Guy , looking out at the Chiricahuas , watching the park come alive as new residents arrive . I'm very happy for Rusty , they work hard to make this a special place to visit . While I get to call it home , others come for a day perhaps a week , and as we get closer to winter a few who make this their winter home . The downside of this is , I have to start behaving like a I have a modicum of civilization about me ! No more sitting outside late at night , half naked with a bottle of Shiner , guitar on my lap playing and singing to the mountains , I suppose I'll need to break out the headphones too , with the windows wide open sound carries for miles out here . Imagine some of these folks aren't quite as big afficianados of the loud blues riffs I love at midnight !
Speaking of blues and music , I need to dial everyone up on one of my current favorites. Mean Gene Kelton , from Baytown Texas . A home grown Texan , he has a style that will get you moving and laughing all at once! He makes no bones about it he plays and writes primarily for beer drinkers and hell raisers , so take a listen to his little juke box on his website before you turn it up for junior and missy , and you will be turning it up , makes you feel GOOD ! He is on Facebook also and has a newsletter about where he's playing . Has a few CDs out and they are worth the money . Take time to slide over to his site and see what's going on !Here it is Mean Gene Kelton and the Diehards  . I guaranty you won't be disappointed , Mean Gene Rocks !





Other than slowly easing into the day , remember you need to start slow then ease up . Perhaps a bit of launderising is in order as I'm down to my cleanest dirty shirt , and I'm not talking about Sunday Morning comin' down either . Just have neglected the everyday chores for the pleasure of going out and crashing around the desert . On the other hand I may take my old red guitar and sit out in the shade for awhile and see if i can work out some new licks ...

I suppose there are worse ways to spend the day  , hell I could be locked up in some city or traffic jam somewhere contemplating some acts of extreme violence to escape the craziness of being around that many people all doing the same thing , or then again I could be sitting here looking at this ...


I reckon you'l figure it out .
Stay tuned ....

No comments: