Saturday, September 13, 2008

And thats , that

The storm has passed and given the folks up north of Corpus a whipping . We have experienced little or no effects here and are getting ready to start cooking for my good friends birthday party . We did take the precaution of moving the location back away from the shore to my friends house just to be on the safe side , 
still expect a big crowd and have plenty of food to celebrate . 
A partial menu 2 smoked shoulder clods , 1 crown roast of pork , twice bake potato , cole slaw , various dips and chips , baked beans [from scratch ] , homemade biscuts and corn bread ,4 kinds of fresh sausage on the
grill , frozen limeade pie , fresh peel and eat shrimp , fresh seafood ceviche' , needless to say we ain't going hungry ! 
After the party and recovery period I have told my other friend from Kentucky [AF1] that I'll meet him in Kerrville on the 26th of Sept . We want to attend the big alternative enegy fiesta up there and see all the new technology available , then will head over to Big Bend and Terlingua . 
I'll post an update on the big party later as soon as I recover ! 

No comments: