Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ready to move on

Getting ready to load up tomorrow , as nice as it's been to hang out and soak up this great Corpus Christi weather and visit , the feet are itching again and time to roll towards Fredericksburg . Expect to meet Gary & Linda thursday evening and go to the alternate energy show. Plans from there are not solid but Terlingua is getting closer . 
I really like the Flour Bluff area and the people are as laid back as can be so it's a possibility of coming back to spend more time here . The RV parks look clean and neat and have great locations , would like to give it a try later on in the trip. 
I've been several places with friends to go shopping and the prices here are comparable to Florida [except for Moody's ] and no one can compare to them . Real estate isn't my thing but a casual look shows it to be about the same also , seems as if their sales are in the tank also . It''s just tough to get loans wherever you are , some economic tell tales show the job markets are slack but not non existent . Folks in the oil industry are doing well and many of them tell me it's hard to get good help ,Gee ! where have I heard that before ? I said that for the last ten years while I was cooking , it doesn't matter what the industry , you hear that same song . 
At any rate I'll try and get back online when I get to the Hill \Country .

No comments: