Sunday, July 17, 2011

Creeping along at a blistering pace.

 A brilliant Sunday morning, the sun popping up over the Peloncillo mountains bringing light to the valley and our mountainside on the Chiricahua's.  By 6a.m. birds already busy outside the window, their early morning start up gets me rolling towards the coffee pot. I am known for responding to people when they ask me how I'm doing.
"above ground , walking around, doing what I do best, aggravating people". Birds seem to have the same attitude. They just get on with their business and let the day get going.
 I have to tell you it's pretty hard to have a bad start to your day when this is what you see when you first wake up,

Sunrise over the Peloncillo's at Antelope pass. Admittedly the beginning of a hot, dry day but sure is nice to see.
 Today's agenda , besides getting an hour  or two of practice in, need to work on the coming weekend's menu for the cafe', and get the small smoker going and do some chicken leg quarters for some weekly specials. I had planned on doing some reach out and touch someone calling but got that out of the way yesterday.
 My last post I mentioned my great friend Ed Vadas, he is a legendary musician from MA. For ten years his band played at Key Colony Inn at Key Colony Beach on St. Patrick;s day , (also happens to be my birthday) some very serious partying was done and Ed renamed the event "the St. Patty's day massacree" , an entire day full of music by some of the best musicians in all of the Florida Keys , topped of with Ed Vadas's Fabulous Heavyweights band.
 Ed is still making great music along with a new band and my other great friend Sue Burkhart (that I mentioned in my last post) , wanted to include his website too , if you're in need of a truly original and deep down need of performance of great music go here, http://edvadasblues.com/  or go to their page for their other collaboration Ameri-MF-Cana at http://www.myspace.com/amerimfcana they are also on Facebook if you go that way. It's hard to say enough good things about these two, besides phenomenal musicians , they are great friends and all around nice people. I used several of their tunes in my video compositions and couldn't find any music to compare for the depth of feeling their music conveys. Here's one featuring Ed,
There ain't enough o's in smooth for Ed Vadas!
 Besides goofing with this blog and distributing nonsense to the viewing public, still getting out and about taking some pics of the area, here's a couple from the other day,





  Headed over to finish smoking the chickens for dinner , then plug the guitar in for an hour or two,
stay tuned !


No comments: