Saturday, July 23, 2011

I stand accused! Worry not.

 A polite conversation with an outsider (one who lives in an urban area) managed to bring my gentle sensitivities to a near boil. This person had the audacity to declare and accuse ME of abject cynicism!
I do try and be objective and fair and was frightfully hurt as I informed this person that, I have lived long enough and studied enough history and read more than the average to feel my position and views were correct. This may have been more effective had I not been sitting on their chest at the time. Not really just kidding! Although the thought did cross my mind. I always find it amusing to find someone who feels like all will be right with the world if we can just get the government to throw more of our money at the problem. When queried "what do I think?", I replied, I want to see some people in charge with callouses on their hands, not some product of a political science degree in know nothing other than what was in a book. It's time the folks in charge actually had some practical experience in living and making a living and actually WORKING. I realize that's a foreign concept for any politician but it's a thought. 
 Wouldn't it be fun to take some of these dipsticks out of their ivory tower and stick them in a classroom full of kids and say "here you go , you teach'em" or out on a construction site swinging a framing hammer. Perhaps out on a farm humping bales of hay around in the summer heat, or in a fast food place flipping burgers or frying chicken . All of this of course at minimum wage or more appropriately for room and board! Oh and by the way don't forget to pay your taxes and SS !
 We can dream can't we?
 On a lighter side here on the mountain we are getting a bit of rain, the music is playing and life is pretty damn good. I've been trimming back a pomegranate tree and last night while grilling some sausage added a few bits of the wood to the charcoal. The result was wonderful , a nice taste, kind of different and tangy . A nice change from the hickory I usually use. If you don't happen to have a pomegranate to chop down , come see me and I can fix you up with a bagful. I have a bunch of it.
 I related my trip to Douglas and some of the things we were cooking for the weekend , here are a few pics of the results,
Berry Salad

Green Chile Cheeseburger

Homemade mushroom filled ravioli with creamy sun dried tomato sauce

Portal Pulled Pork with Spanish rice and Caribbean Black beans


Very Berry Grilled Chicken Salad



 









A nice job by the "Portal Crew". As for the accusation and slight rise in my blood pressure worry not , this is how I got to end my day, stay tuned,





a Real good day!

No comments: