Monday, July 18, 2011

Early start

 Waking up to pain always sucks! You can either lay in and wallow in it or get up and manage it. Today I got my carcass out of bed and managed it. A pot of coffee, get the door and windows open get some of that clean mountain air moving through the place and click on the computer. 
 One glance at the news on the net and I started feeling better, seems the rest of the world is a whole lot worse off than I am. Mornings like this I'm grateful for no television, the printed news is bad enough! I subscribe to several newspapers online from East coast to West and none of them had anything resembling good news or at the very least something positive. Just a casual observation, sex and tragedy sells newspapers and advertising. On the positive side, after perusing this collection of catastrophes, disasters, and mishaps, I was able to manage the pain factor down quite a bit and face the day with a better attitude!
 By the by , what the hell is misspoke ? I saw that at least a half dozen times in scanning the political news and can't seem to remember that word in spelling class in school ! I do remember lie, liar, prevarication, don't know what I'm talking about, and bullshit artist (I learned that last one at recess). I tremble with anticipation should a politician come out and tell the truth or at least say I don't know , let me find out.
 At least this was the view from my front door and window this morning,






It's not at all bad having this greet you in the morning. The sky shot through the branches of the tree happens to be a pomegranate, got nailed in the bad freeze last winter and hasn't recovered, green at the bottom but needs trimming back. Some nice wood in there, wonder how it would do in my smoker? Anybody know , send me a message. 
 Another positive note the much needed rains have been gentle and no floods so far, hopefully we will continue to get a bit more to help the area recover and regrow.
 Sometimes my brain seizes up or perhaps it's just that getting older syndrome of CRS , but one of the things coming up in Portal is Irish music week, around Columbus day in October. It's not my gig, I'll only be helping with the food for the Portal Cafe', but here's a link, http://portalmusicweek.com/ should be some great music as the people running the show plan on having evening jam sessions and some of the instructors are scheduled to perform.
 Going to get moving and sprint over to the kitchen to see if I can create some havoc over there.

No comments: