Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Down Time / Dust Storms / Pro Bloggers

So it's been a couple of days since I wrote anything , had an epiphany of sorts . Way too much time scurrying about with all the little projects , too much time expended on devising different ways of making life more complicated , even read some news ! TIME OUT ! Slowed the pace a little , picked up one of the many books I've been meaning to read , stretched out on the couch , tuned in some real old songs and just let it flow [ to coin a phrase from Elvin Bishop ] . Spent some time on the deck watching the mountains breathe and listening to the desert sounds . Brought my mental batteries back to full charge . I let the theater of my mind develop it's own scenarios while dredging up images of past highways and experiences . Meanwhile my new gadget from Skype kept me in touch with friends and firmly anchored in the current time zone .
I had my second go around with a dust storm Saturday night , this one came out of the East , much like the first one I experienced . It was more than a little distubing at times as I hadn't taken too many precautions against just such an event . After picking up my few possesions that seemed to be attempting a journey from here to Nogales on their own and helping Bob retrieve the parks various and sundry fixtures , then getting the majority of the dust out of the trailer , decided it would behoove me to anchor some of this stuff . A couple of hours and some diligent hammering and tricky sailors knots left me feeling a bit more confident when the next one comes .How hard did it blow ? Well , I had to reset the stabilizer jacks on the trailer and re-level the damn thing ! Some fierce winds !
I'd like to write a few words about some of these Pro Bloggers . I don't want or need your advice , but thanks anyway . If you feel the need to expose your every feeling and action to the public , have at it ! Personally I couldn't care less about your financials , the brand of tooth paste , your rig or your internet connection with the mega bucks sat dish . If you are suffering from the" look at me syndrome " we more than likely wouldn't get along anyway , but have a good life ! In deference to the guy who wrote and told me about including a fiancials statement in the blog , here you go : Income for this year to date : I'm not sure ?
Expenditures for this month : Let's see... I paid the lot rent , bought some otter pops , and had a couple of cups of coffee at the Portal Lodge , Gas for Van ? Yes , price per gallon ? Needed it didn't check . Food ?
Trip to Douglas a couple of weeks ago , I think I spent about $80 , still have plenty , might go later this week to get a turkey to fry for Memorial day .Entertainment ? You've got to be kidding.?!
Point being I got rid of all the crap that you are spending megabucks to drag with you ! I don't have a lot of non essential possesions , can't say that's the way for everyone , just works for me . Keeps the stress level down to about a 1/2 percent on the scale of one to ten .
Last night started to fool around with the camera as there were some bodacious clouds , as there are so seldom a lot to be seen out here , was interesting to watch them boil up over the mountain tops and slip across the valley . Here are the results at sunset , almost always is remarkable , last night after I reviewed the pictures it was awesome ! Enjoy...
Stay tuned ....

 
 



No comments: