Thursday, June 5, 2008

Fire ants , Chipotle Tabasco and another Texas Voice,

Working on the ground sucks ! Sorry , just the way I feel today ,working underneath the Big fellah looking for loose things and inspecting brake lines to see if I can afford to replace them before taking off . The metal lines appear to be in good shape but the old rubber ones to the wheel cylinders will have to be replaced . Again the ones that are on there may be fine but I see signs of dry rubber and small cracks , I would rather spend a few bucks now than to be going into a place where the lack of brakes would make life way too exciting ! Hopefully within the next week or two will have access to my friends garage and his invaluable help to rebuild the carb , fix the small exhaust leak [ muffler clamps] new front shocks and do the brake lines all at once . If we have the time I have a couple of other projects that would be nice to have an extra pair of hands that are well trained and equipped in a nice garage instead of laying on the ground with fire ants for company .
As for the Chipotle Tabasco while cruising the aisles I found some Chipotle Tabasco by Mcilhenny's , just for fun got some and It's GOOD , I like spicy flavorful food anyway and have found that using different spices on the lean meats and sometimes bland veggies the Diabetes Demon demands makes mealtime more interesting .
While taking an engineering break , I started to listen to the new CD from Amy Hughes , another Texas voice I have come to really like among the young talent out in Texas her website is www.amy-hughes.com She has some very good sounds and a great band , check her out also a couple of free songs there to download , plus links to some other Texas musicians

No comments: