Monday, June 2, 2008

Splainin the VA title &dealing with the Credit Demon

Yesterday I wrote that the VA loves me , splainin that , is even though they can be the most exasperating bunch of people to deal with short of a bunch of crazed Walmart shoppers the day after Thanksgiving , I receive very good care at most of the VA facilities I have to go to .The long waits , Doctors who at best have a marginal command of the English language and even less understanding of American culture still provide Me with good medical care . Not saying I don't get as aggravated as anyone else, just don't want to give the impression I don't get care .
Yesterday I got into an electronic conversation with some folks out in Texas , and as we talked about the sad state of the Country and credit and mortgages , banks and assorted other forms of thievery , I mentioned a guy named Clark Howard . He has a radio show that deals with financial stability and not wasting money in general . He has a website clarkhoward.com that can be real helpful to anyone interested in not getting ripped off or wants to save money . He is a great proponent of getting out of debt and staying out ! Basically get rid of all those credit cards , keep your car more than a year or two and watch for bargains , He DOES NOT give investing advice or tell anyone to get into stock trading . I don't believe there is a hidden agenda to what this guy preaches , common sense and take responsibility for yourself are His main topics . His ideals of self sufficiency and not buying stuff you don't need are right up my alley and falls into what I'm trying to do with Azad . Even though I work on a really tight budget the parts and pieces I buy and try to pay cash for , are of good quality . I've found two salvage places for RVs and the parts they offer are in good condition and the price is generally within my budget . One of the things I'm discovering is take time to make stuff work , don't rush it , sometimes an engineering break will give you a new approach to a problem and keep you from spending more $ to fix a problem ,

No comments: