Thursday, June 19, 2008

Memories and Crossroads

The picture at the left is of one of my surrogate Dads while growing up in rural Ohio . Krutch is the gentleman on the left with that beautiful LaSalle , He hand built that piece of art from scratch . I could go on with his numerous accomplishments NHRA champion and record holder , engineering genius , inventor , first rate machinist , father , grandfather , great grandfather , good citizen having held several public offices , I know I could go on for a long time about all that . I just wanted to tell one thing about Him , when a dumbass 17 year old kid needed some direction and support making some real hard choices back in 1968 , He found the time and [with all that other stuff going on ] means to be there . I don't remember saying thanks , but even if I did it should be said again . Also to let "Pappy" know how proud I am to have Him as my friend and for all the good things He has done. Thanks again Pappy
Love ,
Sonny

No comments: