Monday, April 13, 2009

Cruisin the gap / one by one / new horizons

A new  week , Monday blahs ? No way ! Arising at dawn to get that old sun coming up over the Peloncillo mountains I felt the energy returning that I had burnt the last few months dealing with Drs , travel , getting the new rig together , and generally feeling out of sorts. I lounged about for a while sipping a coffee and taking in the view and deep breathing the air that is so clean you wish you could bottle it for later . So far this morning I watched a covey of quail , couple of rabbits , and a fox at the edge of the park . Ah ,  yes I have a different space this time Rusty put me in one of the primo spots at the corner of the park . Looking out the door I can see both mountain ranges and the office area so I can keep up with all the coming and goings at the front gate , also is closer to where I plan to try and grow a small garden [with Bob's help! ]  , sitting on the couch in the trailer I can see the sunsets if I get too lazy to step outside . Actually I could do this three ways , sittin down , laying down or propped up ! Nice work if you can get it !
Today is a replenishment day will need to cruise the gap to get a few supplies to keep me going food wise , also needa couple of parts , somewhere between Rodeo and Lake City Fl.is a sewer hose that fits a 1985 Fan travel trailer , if you find it you can keep it , I am not going to go looking for it . I need a couple of fittings to redirect the water lines for better pressure and sonme small screws and nails , plans are being made to set up a workbench for all my projects and will stop at the mercantile to see whats available materials .
Last night friends Gary and Linda took me to the Portal store for dinner , I had one of their incredible green chili and beef burrittos and even managed an adult beverage or two ! They were getting in the wind this morning to head back to Fl , fair winds and a following sea , can't wait till they get back
The weather is gettng dramatically better , clear sky ,wind is laying down and the temps are just right ! You can take your pick what to wear , shorts , jeans , long sleeve or short sleeve , they are all comfortable .
Changes since I left , the desert is much greener , lots of work done around the park , looks real good , lots of desert plants in bloom , some new faces in the park / more new freinds   .
Glancing at the news this morning the usual insanity was observed , like I have said before , I know there is a lot of turmoil and trouble outside of this valley , it needs to stay out there ! Should the doofus people decide to come this way be very careful , first , you may have to cross Texas and they don't suffer fools either ! Then there is the high desert and it doesn't take kindly to people who don't pay attention to what's going on !  Just a heads up to those in the news that think you might be something special .
I'm looking forward to the new horizons for this summer , company coming in June and lots of projects to work on , some road trips to see some neat places and oh yeah , some professional kicking back !
Stay tuned ...

No comments: