Thursday, October 2, 2008

Terlingua morning musings pt 2

Where to start ? Another beautiful morning , didn't bother to get up early just laid in my bed and watched the sun come up over the mountains , finally mustered up the energy to reach over and hit the button on the coffee pot , got enough clothes on so as not to shock my neighbors in their big buck land yachts and sat down at the table outside to reflect on yesterday and see if I can top it with a new adventure today .
To give you a look at the situation yesterday after the early rise and photo session , I did manage to post the write up and then the old saying from my Keys days took over ; from Sheriff Billy Freeman " It's a good time for you to start slow then ease up ! " it's a long story but at the time I was known for running wide open at everything I did His advice probably saved me from a lot of hard times . So in keeping with that philosophy I did manage to get the "A" in order and ready for a jaunt around town . Drove to the library ,Study Butte store and the over to Posada Milagro for morning fix of espresso . There in lies another story , Carol the lady who runs the place and I were chatting and lo and behold she used to live and work at Fiesta Key KOA campground in the keys just up the road from the restaurant I used to work at [Little Italy for those of you familiar with Layton ] we know quite a few people in common , and was nice to trade stories with someone who remembers the Keys the way I do .
Stopped at the Trading post to scope it out and found a new book to read and met some more nice people who live here year around and were quick to give me the low down on year around living here . If this all works out The "A" and I may have found a new home base . Physically I haven't felt this good in a long time , all the old injuries and the arthritis seem to have been , at the very least suppressed for now and I can actually look forward to getting up and move around to do things !
After the trip around town it was time to have adventures in thirty year old plumbing Pt 2 . Is there some reason why PVC after a period of time has the same brittle consistency as Baccarat crystal? To say it was a crappy job should give you some idea of what I was dealing with , the job itself was pretty straight forward , but the clean up sucked to the max ! Wish I had a shop vac! At any rate all is in order now , the other aggravation yesterday , I decided to add some time to my pay as you go phone . Yes , I have one of those miserable pieces of dung called a Trac Phone . If you can avoid this company do so at all cost , they have crappy service , their phones are constantly in roaming mode , their service is crappy [ did I just say that?] and oh yes , if you require any kind of service you need to have a land line for them to do anything a pretty poor way to run a business that touts itself as a way to have an emergency phone service if you get stuck somewhere . I'll deal with these dimwits today and let you know where to find the bodies . I have a computer with internet connection , I have time , I have a burning desire to bury their complaint department with as many Emails as it's possible to type in a day .
After that little step into corporate America it was time to settle in for nap ,refreshed I set up my Cobb Cooker and made a green chili meat loaf and had some black beans I'd left simmering all day . Topped off with an ice cold Lone Star the day was complete ! Watched the sunset listened to some tunes and read for awhile that was it !
Today figure to amble over to Kosmic Kathy's and hang out , may go up to the Ghost town and chase demons with the folks on the porch or go out of town a mile or so and howl like a dog , who knows....
Pictures are f
rom the patio at the Posada.












No comments: