Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Lost Days / Cool Weather

It seems I lost a day yesterday ? Got up , did the coffee thing , went out and sat at the table and was joined by a couple other folks and the time just drifted away ! Suddenly it was after noon and any kind of rapid movement , was out of the question . The discussion broke up and every one sort of went another direction , while I had no great plans , seems the day just escaped me . Still waiting on a package from the homefront , it was sent snail mail and has been enroute for over a week now ! Gotta love that USPS ! My neighbor from Texarkana is thinking of taking off to do some business elsewhere and then returning for the chili cookoff , although the park is still not confirming they will have a space for us , I offered to pay in advance but they only will give me a week at a time . It's not real crowded now and they do have 165 spaces , but I reckon the cookoff takes precedence as it's their biggest deal of the year . Whatever , that's the nice thing about being able to pack up in ten or twenty minutes and hit the bricks ! Lots of places to go see yet and I still have the itchy feet .
Weather has been extraordinary , yesterday stayed a bit cloudy and last night had a few showers , has knocked down the dust and the air is so clean it hurts . Temps today are in the 60's and still overcast , but very comfortable . Actually put on a long sleeve shirt and pants and wore socks ! 
The little bit of rain has also changed the way the mountains look , lots of color changes and can see a few blooms of different plants , things happen fast in the desert when it gets a drink !
No news on the property hunt , just looking at all the options and learning more about the area , the people and basic services are great as is the cost of living here well within my range . One drawback is the medical thing , closest DR. is Alpine 80 miles away or regular medical for me via the VA is a two day affair as I would have to travel one day , stay overnight try and get through a day of Dr.'s and then drive back . At least a 250 to 300 mile trip one way . Seems a bit extreme ?
For now I'll just wait and see .  

 

No comments: