Monday, October 13, 2008

Working up a Sweat / Invaded !

While I make it a point to conserve my energy , yesterday I actually got busy while doing laundry and gave the inside of the camper a good going over restowing and cleaning things up .Not that it's all that big a deal , I managed to work up a sweat , guess I should have waited till I got back to my spot and at least had a fan running or something ! As it was I was runnig late as I had stopped for brunch at Kathy's . Had a great pork quesadilla and some sun tea , relaxed in the shade and told tall tales with my neighbor and listened to a few from the local tale tellers , it's surprising how much time you can burn up doing that ! With clean clothes and a clean camper I can face a new week with renewed vigor and enrgy to get out and accomplish great things ! Yeah, Right ! More than likely I'll make it over to the spot I usually occupy at Kathy's and settle in again . Ther are plans afoot to go and peruse more property sometime this week but not a lot of pressure there either . My stress factor is at an all time low !
The surprise came , when I reurned to the park and found we had been invaded ! Little silver bullets all lined up . Yep ! Airstreams , about a baker's dozen , evidently a club and they converged here to explore the Big Bend National Park . The licence plates show they are from all over , and I have to admit they do look kind of cool all lined up . I can't tell one from another , but one Airstream enthusiast told me they each have certain characteristics that any one who appreciates them would know the difference . OK , fine , they still look very similar to me . The folks towing them seem to be a nice bunch of people and are sure enough having a good time . I love motorcycles but can hardly tell one model from another anymore . I can tell you that the "A" certainly stands out ! Must be his vibrant color !
A few pictures looking north on highway 118 out towards the Ghost  town , I'm still not real sure of all the names of the peaks etc . But you get the drift.....

No comments: