Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sunrise over the Peloncillo Mtns / Settled in again

Leaving Deming more or less on schedule , a leisurely drive across I-10 to exit 5 just beyond Lordsburg , onto rt. 80 for 26 miles and you are at Rusty's RV Ranch . The last few miles are all down hill or as Rusty's Dad tells me coming through the pass , weather was at it's best and with some Waylon coming out of the speakers the ride was too smooth . Arrival at the ranch and made to feel more than  welcome by Rusty and her Dad . I plan on doing a whole story on this family later , but I can say this is a really class operation , the nicest and best maintained the whole trip , huge pull through lots and sweet water with good pressure , lots of desert landscaping , fire pits for each spot and lots of little extras too many to name . Let's just say an awful lot of planning and work went into this place !
Sun is coming up over the Peloncillo mtns now and the Chiricahua mtns. are getting the full treatment behind me , the color changes on the mountain sides vary each minute , the Ranch is surrounded by these two mountain ranges and is well protected from most of the adverse weather , so maintains steady temps and breezes . I did a little walking around yesterday and I believe I need a book on plants ! Too many to figure out and they are all interesting , saw some quail and partridge on the grounds , Bob tells me there is a lot of wildlife that comes up close to the ranch , no hunting here either as there is an equestrian place right next door , lots of good looking horses and again looks like a class act .
Going to Animas sometime today , only about 14 miles , want a ride and maybe get to the post office .
Some pictures from the campground .....


No comments: