Friday, October 3, 2008

Coyote Concerts / Road Runner sighting / Lizards with wings

Another beautiful morning , watching the land yachts pack up to trundle off to where ever they go . Reminds me of sitting in a bar by a public boat ramp for the entertainment value , I'm no expert but I believe you should take your towed vehicle out of gear before going down the road , it would probanly give you better fuel mileage . Another one of my favorites was the folks across the way with a forty something  foot  long with a towed vehicle that had a better departure routine than a sea and anchor detail for an aircraft carrier ! Took them about an hour and a half and still missed out on the blivet theory , you can't turn eighty some feet of yacht and towed in a space roughly a third that size . Result unhook every thing , pull out itll straight then rehook . Alternative , turn left as marked and drive out of park the way it's set up . Oh well , what do I know , they are dragging their ass around in close to a million dollar rig and I have to kick the door on mine to get it to open . {mine's paid for though }
At any rate I don't think they cared for me much either , I tend to sit around in as few clothes as possible and play music non stop , plus I mentioned they might want to take their yapping little bow-wow some place other than where people had to walk to let the little bastard crap , preferably on their parking space! I may have offended their nose in the air sensibilities . I won't lose any sleep over it .
Last night I was treated to a coyote concert , at first I wasn't sure of the sound , then I stepped outside and sure enough the desert choir was in full voice . I added a couple of howls to the chorus then realized these are not nice neighborhood doggies and I was standing half naked in the middle of an RV park  . I probably sounded and smelled like food . Not having a coyote evac plan I went back insude .
Earlier in the day I got see my first road runner up close , they are a strange looking little bird and this one seemed fearless , cruised around the park looking for whatever road runners look for , it hung around for a few minutes then took off like a shot . They really are quick little suckers ! 
In my travels yesterday I stopped at Kosmic Kowgirl had a cool drink and shot the breeze with the Kowgirl herself , she is a hard working lady and is well versed in the local lore , she has lived here a long time and is doing a great job with her business . I admire anybody who runs their own show , but particularly a food business , it is a rough life and it takes a special breed of person to make it . Further travels led me to a back road by the graveyard , stopped to look at some rock formations ,
I was loking at some rocks and decided to pick a couple up to see what they looked like up close , they moved ! Lizards ! Lizards that  fly ! At least they did when I launched them into the desert , shouldn't there be some kind of warning label on these things ? Damn near had a heart attack , what kind of sick joke is it to disguise these little shits like rocks ? I continued to look around , but used my stick to prod the rocks first . 
As the afternoon wore on I parked on top of a hill , opened the cabin up and had a siesta , nice breeze and damn near total silence . I know people who would pay a lot of bucks to have that kind of an afternoon . Dropped by the Boat House Bar on my way back and checked the status of the quality of their Lone Star , I'm happy to report it was very cold and only $1.50 a can , also looking around the bar there was no danger of it becoming over aged as it was being tested regularly . Home again and set back up , fired up the Cobb Cooker and baked a potato and small onion , stuck a couple of pieces of sausage in later and some left over black beans . Made for a monster meal and have enough for lunch today . Another discovery was that a six pack of Lone Star is cheaper than a gallon of milk or of a 2 gallon jug of water . This may or may not be good news as I know how important to rehydrate yourself in the desert ! I have been known to over compensate on situations like this . 
Todays plan is ... thereis no plan

No comments: