Thursday, October 9, 2008

Elctrons / Neurons / Morons

As promised , Archie at Terlingua automotive repair got "A" fixed up and we are good to go . After a brief test drive down to the "Mall" for some lunch fixin's and a bag of ice , I returned to the parking spot and some serious relaxing with my neighbor from Texarkana , He rides a 2001 wide glide and has a small Btouring cruiser about the same size as "A" . A well traveled guy and has a great outlook on life , really like his rv too , if I should ever have a windfall of 40 or 50 thousand I'd get me one ! As we were solving world problems another biker pulled up on his trusty BMW and side hack . He's Ara and his sidekick Spirit the dog . They have also found Terlingua to be a safe haven and home base for now , he bought a small piece of property and is making it into his bastion of sanity/ sanctuary from the road . His blog is The Oasis OF My Soul / Life Under The Stars . Another interesting character and worth looking at , also has great photos of his travels . 
With motorcycle tales flying fast and furious and various scars both mental and physical being examined , we didn't pay much attention to the arrival of ma and pa middle America pulling in a few spots away . They proceeded to scurry about all the while looking sideways at the three biker baddies sitting at the picnic table ,
{three guys bumping 60 years old drinking coffee , admitedly a bit crusty looking , but still? }. They made a point of speaking loudly enough to let us know they didn't think much of " hippies , bums , Jews , & druggies " I was impressed ! I haven't heard that much vituperative spilled out the whole trip , I wish them well , wait till they get a load of some of the late night denizens of Terlingua after a few cocktails , or better yet they experience The Porch in full swing some lazy afternoon . While Tex , Ara and I had a good laugh ,  I do feel kind of sorry for them , it's a bitch when you go out looking for America and you find it ! Later I wondered what would bring them here ? Sure isn't the scenery they went inside , turned on the air and disappeared for the rest of the day .
On the other hand , we had a great time and later I went to The Starlight for a burger and shoot the breeze with Robert the bartender . Came home and watched the sky put on it's show till about 10:30 and called it quits .

No comments: