Sunday, October 12, 2008

Musings / Manners / Mornings in the Campground

Looks to be another beautiful Texas day . What a way to start the day with mountains in the background , a gentle breeze blowing and temps in the low 70's .Makes you feel like getting out and doing something ! Today may turn out to be another Laundry day and do a little tidying up inside , it's surprising how fast something 21ft long gets cluttered up . I work at keeping things put away , but still seem to accumulate an amazing amount of stuff I don't need or even know why I picked it up ?!
Yesterday was a kind of ride around and just look at different homes afternoon , a large variety of building types and materials are in use here and while I'm sure there are some kind of code and regulations , it's apparent that you can get away with a lot as compared to some of the other places I've visited . Homes range from ruins being rebuilt to campers , manufactured homes , adobe , RV's , busses , a log cabin , rock , and some site built homes that remind me of some I saw being built in Fl. There are some that peak out at close to a million and some that are probably on the down side of ten thousand . None the less they are home to someone , people here seem extremely satisfied with what they have . Many moons ago I lived in the Fl. Keys in a beat up old 18ft Scottie Craft camper , I cut some palm fronds and laid them acroos a set of driftwood rafters and put a couple of old lawn chairs I had rescued from  the "Sally "  underneath and thought Iwas living large !Even more so when I was given an old refrigerator for some work I did on some guys boat .As a result  I had the entire ocean for my front yard , lots of shade and everything I needed to survive and be comfortable It was what I could afford too, twelve years later that old refigerator was still sitting outside keeping beer cold and food from spoiling ! It didn't look like much but it worked ! So it doesn't surprise me at some the ingenious and crafty ways these folks make things work .
A word on manners and etiquette here . Recently another blogger made reference to some of the very places I've written about , however they made reference to the personal lives of some of these people , bad form bucko ! While I love to share these places with all of you I make it a point to NOT mention anyones personal life ! It's strictly business , if they provide or perform well I think it should be recognized , I make it a point to try and take pictures of places not people unless I have their permission . I really like these folks out here and they deserve a measure of respect , Their personal lives are none of my business and should they choose to share something with me that should be the end of it ! I highly recommend this course of action to others . Remeber what goes around , comes around !
Watching the campground come to life is a process that is always entertaining , usually one or the other of the team of campers [hardly any single folks ] walks to the diner and picks up coffe or breaskfast and does a slow walk back to their space looking around at this great vista , sits with their partner and share the beginning of a new day , might sound common place , but I think it's slicker than melted butter ! Sure beats screaming down a four lane highway to a job that sucks !Only two pics , one at just after sunset and the other is about ten thirty , can't wait for that full moon , it alredy is amazing !

No comments: